Patient Care Philosophy
With a strong work ethic & love for medicine, I am dedicated to providing high quality patient-centered care, emphasizing the importance of patient & family education, promoting collaboration among multidisciplinary & inter-professional health team members, & continuing my health care education through experience & research to benefit patient outcomes.
Education & Background
Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Medical University of South Carolina – 2013-2015
- GPA 3.9, Alpha Eta Society
Medical Assistant Graduate Certificate, Trident Technical College – 2013
- GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science, University of South Carolina – 2005-2009
- Major: Exercise Science
- GPA 3.9, Summa Cum Laude graduate
Certification and Licensure
National Physician Assistant Board Certification, South Carolina Physician Assistant Licensure, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support Certification
Clinical Clerkships & Experience
Physician Assistant Clinical Training: 2014-2015
- Rural Health Care Experience: Orangeburg Regional Medical Center.
- Emergency Medicine: Trident Health System, Dr. Christian Graf.
- General/Vascular Surgery: Coastal & Vascular Vein Center, Dr. Thomas Appleby.
- Pediatrics: Barnwell Pediatrics, Dr. Bryan Burnett.
- Women’s Health: Walterboro OB/GYN, Dr. Trent Cannon.
- Medicine: St. Paul’s Medical Group, Marsha Delavan, PA-C.
- Internal Medicine: Columbia Nephrology, Dr. Howard Lifland.
- Family Medicine 2: Edisto Family Practice, Dr. John Hayden.
- Mental Health: Three Rivers Residential, Dr. Don DuBose.
- Orthopedic Medicine (Elective): Lowcountry Orthopaedics, Katy Connor, PA-C.
Medical Assistant Externship Training, 2012
- Germain Dermatology, Dr. Marguerite Germain
Volunteerism & Activities
MUSC Junior Doctors of Health – Student Mentor, MUSC Smiles for Life Dental Health Program, Team in Training, in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – volunteer/mentor, Palmetto Health Richland Hospital – Adult Acute Care volunteer, Free Medical Clinic of Columbia, International Scholar Laureate Program – Medicine & Science student delegate, Habitat for Humanity
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants (SCAPA)
MUSC Graduate Research Project, “Robotic vs Laparoscopic in Gynecological Surgery” research paper & poster presentation
USC Undergraduate Research Project/Independent Study, Student Research Assistant, under Dr. James Carson, participated in the research of the effects of exercise & muscle wasting during cancer cachexia in mice
Rewards & Honors
MUSC: Dr. F. Benjamin Lawson Alpha Eta Society, TTC: Lamp of Learning for Academic Excellence, USC: Alpha Lambda Delta Sorority, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Phi Beta Kappa Society, Deans List with Honors, McKissisk Scholars Scholarship