Back issues plague millions of Americans every year. Some issues can be resolved with rest. Sometimes, your primary-care physician may just recommend physical therapy and pain medication. Then there are the times when you need a little more expertise. Your physician usually refers you to a random specialist in your insurance network. But is that really your best option?
Back issues can affect nearly every aspect of your everyday activities — from sitting to standing to lying down. So, getting the best opinion with the most up-to-date methods and research can make the difference between living with some level of discomfort and truly recovering. The experts at the Southeastern Spine Institute (SSI) specialize in all things concerning your back and spine. Choose SSI for the best care.
Why You Should Choose SSI
While most spine specialists have routine protocols for your back treatment, not all have the benefit of Dr. Don Johnson’s vision. He brought all things spine-related onto one campus. SSI offers more than just state-of-the-art technology and care to help you recover; you can find every discipline you need under one roof: diagnostic experts, imaging, pharmacy and even a surgical center.
As a result, you benefit from expert care at a reduced cost. Meeting your back treatment needs is a passion for Dr. Johnson and his team. Other benefits of choosing SSI include:
- SSI’s specialists are intent on finding the cause of your back pain, stabilizing your condition and providing customized treatment plans to fit your needs and lifestyle.
- Board certified neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons, physical rehabilitation physicians, pain management specialists and physical therapists are on staff to give you the best options for correct diagnosis and treatment.
- When you choose SSI, you have access to a full range of spine services. The doctors use a conservative approach first when treating your spine needs, meaning they start with the least invasive procedures. In SSI’s history, only about 10 percent of patients ever need surgery. By treating spine issues with non-surgical methods, SSI gives you the best chance to recover.
- SSI has compiled state-of-the-art equipment, and their doctors remain on the cutting edge for treatment and outpatient procedures. They have a pharmacy on campus and a robust Physical Therapy Center for your rehabilitation needs.
- Choose SSI, and you’ll have access to an FDA test site for new devices and the latest procedures not often found with other back specialty doctors. At the forefront of spine-specific technology, SSI acts as a training facility for medical and nursing students from the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Known for pioneering new and exciting procedures, SSI was the first facility in the South to perform minimally invasive operations that reduce healing time and complications.
Ask for the Southeastern Spine Institute by Name
Search for the best, most proven treatment for your back pain issues. When you choose SSI, the goal is to rehabilitate you as quickly, safely and effectively as possible. While they pursue non-surgical methods first, they have a full range of surgical options available, if needed.
SSI provides all your spine treatment needs at one location. The SSI specialists encourage you to ask questions. Educating you in your decision-making process for back treatment is their driving force. When your primary-care doctor recommends someone you’ve never heard of for back care, ask for the Southeastern Spine Institute by name. It’s your back, it should be your choice.