Transcribes medical correspondence of new and existing patient charts. Also assists physicians, office manager, and staff with dictated correspondence.
Work is of medium demand requiring personal contact, extensive sitting and bending daily to collect, review and replace charts/loose material and walking up and down stairs. Requiring bending, stooping, reaching, walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. Use various electronic equipment to perform job duties.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Transcribes all medical progress notes for new and existing patients.
- Follow format in which physician’s dictate.
- Completes all dictations/transcription within two days of receipt.
- All letters dictated separated for physician signature.
- Assist physicians and staff with dictated correspondence to patients, doctor’s, insurance companies and attorneys.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited medical terminology program
- Courses in medical transcription
- 1 year as medical transcriptionist