The position will be responsible for providing the highest quality interventions for patients by administering treatment programs as established by the Physical Therapist.
Position requires full range of motion including sitting, standing, reaching, bending and stooping. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance. Hearing and visual acuity sufficient to observe patients and execute their treatments.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess patient condition using knowledge of basic biological and medical science.
- Implement patient treatment plans and administers them under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
- Instructs patients on physical therapy interventions, modalities and home exercise programs.
- Provides the physical therapist with information about the patient’s response to treatment, including objective data documented in the patient’s medical record.
- Completes all required clinical documentation accurately.
- Supervises PTA students, if applicable.
- Maintains a clean and safe physical environment.
- Graduate of a physical therapist assistant program approved by the SC Board.
- PTA license through the SC Board of Physical Therapy.