Performs the functions of record assembly, answering the phone, department initial customer greeter. Assist physicians and Medical Assistants with incomplete charts. Pulls charts as requested for clinic appointments or other clinic business. Responsible for filing of all paperwork, and returned charts on a daily basis.
Work is of medium demand requiring personal contact, extensive sitting and bending daily to collect, review and replace charts/loose material and walking up and down stairs. Requiring bending, stooping, reaching, walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. Use computer video display, telephones, copiers, microfilm, fiche reader/printer and fax machine.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the effective management of all incoming referrals are sent out to referral providers
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner
- Present necessary medical information such as history diagnosis and prognosis
- Provide specific medical information as requested
- Ensure that patient’s primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consult
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of medical records experience in a health care setting