The position is responsible for posting payments, adjustments and rejections to patient accounts in accordance with current policy and procedures.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for posting of all patient, insurance and $0 payments
- Sends for review all zero dollars, denials and underpaid amounts that fall outside clients’ collection policy.
- Makes line item adjustments, as directed, for all zero pays and denials
- Identify accounts that need to be refunded
- Ensure correct payment processing
- Run and analyze balancing report to ensure accurate posting
- Close batches in system at end of the day
- Abide with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- High school or GED
- 1 year posting experience in a medical hospital or outpatient practice setting