The Medical Assistant will assist physicians and patients in a caring and timely manner, and act as a liaison between physician and patients.
Employee will work in a busy, demanding clinical environment and have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Employee must be able to work under stressful and fast-paced conditions.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Screen M.D. calls and determine whether patient needs to be seen
- Process prescriptions
- Return phone messages in a timely manner
- Telephone counseling of patients
- Accurate and careful documentation in patient charts
- Check schedule and charts prior to clinic
- Prepare patient rooms
- Greet patients and escort them to the exam room & sweep at appropriate intervals
- Accurate scheduling of “Walk- in” and follow-up appointments, tests, & procedures
- Discuss with patient specific instructions, time, and location of procedures
- Pre-certify blocks, diagnostic procedures, and surgeries prior to procedure
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of medical office/clinical experience or externship experience