If you need to visit the Southeastern Spine Institute (SSI) for a checkup or for surgery during autumn, you and your family or caretakers can enjoy the beauty of nearby Charleston, South Carolina. Packed with historical sights, cultural centers, beaches and prime dining locations, Charleston offers many autumn delights. The variety of opportunities available appeal to people of all ages. It’s a family-friendly location that can keep everyone happy.
In a Charleston autumn, cooler temperatures prevail, and delightful smells fill the air. When you visit Charleston, S.C., the endless activities engage any family for a home away from home. If you’ve recently undergone any kind of surgery, though, be sure to get permission from your doctors at SSI before venturing out very far.
Top 10 Autumn Activities
From harvest festivals to walking museums and talking ghost tours, the opportunities for an autumn getaway in Charleston are many and varied. Due to the cooler weather, you’ll enjoy most activities outside. Consider the following list of things to investigate when you visit Charleston, S.C. in autumn:
- Farmers Market. The Charleston Farmers Market is open every Saturday from April to December. Enjoy the local produce, plants, herbs and flowers. Breakfast and lunch are served by local Charleston venders.
- Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch. When you visit Charleston, S.C., enjoy the fall air while perusing through a favorite seasonal event right here in Mt. Pleasant, near SSI. Boone Hall is one of many pumpkin patches open all aound Charleston.
- Fall festivals. Everything from the MOJA Arts Festival to the Fall Tour of Homes fill Charleston and the surrounding area with autumnal fun.
- West Farm Corn Maze. Expect to find a slew of activities at this farm in addition to the maze that is, by the way, open nights for added fun with flashlights.
- Museums. The history of Charleston comes to life with the many museums packed with the powerful Charleston history. A few of the amazing museums include:
- Ghost tours. Famous for some of its haunting ghost tours, Charleston holds many of the oldest graveyards open for walking tours after dark. Back alleyways, churches, jails, dungeons, and even pubs are open after dark to the public for a chilling experience during the autumn season.
- Parks. When you visit Charleston, S.C., the flowering gardens and towering oaks hold the perfect picture of nature in the autumn. Historic parks such as Fort Sumter are open to the public to enjoy the autumn air of Charleston.
- The South Carolina Aquarium. Located in downtown Charleston, the aquarium is a family-friendly experience that lives up to its motto: “Leading the way to connect people with water, wildlife and wild places.”
- Wine Tasting. Every Saturday, Deep Water Vineyard hosts an outdoor event with live music, food and a large selection of wines that, during the fall season, attracts a fun.
- Dock Street Theatre. When you visit Charleston this fall, catch one of the most popular theatre troupes in the city with their autumn performance of To Kill a Mockingbird. Advance ticket sales started in September.
Charleston is filled with cultural, historical and family events throughout the entire fall season. Make sure to check in with the variety of different entertainment opportunities before you visit to plan the perfect autumn trip. The cool air and amicable environment welcomes anyone to the lively city when you visit Charleston, S.C.