Dr. Richardson came to the Southeastern Spine Institute (SSI) in 1997 for a fellowship in Adult Non-Operative Spine Care, and he never left. He is part of the growing staff, which now includes 18 physicians and physician assistants. The SSI staff works together to help you overcome your back and neck pain. Dr. Richardson is glad to be part of the spine-only practice at SSI.
Education and Background
Dr. Richardson has stayed in South Carolina for his education, attending both Furman University and Clemson University, from which he graduated with his undergraduate degree. Dr. Richardson then went on to graduate from the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC).
For his internship and his residency, Dr. Richardson stayed at MUSC, specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Board Certification and Associations
Dr. Richardson has been board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation since 2004. He is an active member of these professional organizations:
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Charleston County Medical Society
- International Spinal Injection Society
- North American Spine Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Spine Society
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Education Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
Dr. Richardson has current hospital affiliations at the East Cooper Regional Medical Center.