Medical University of South Carolina 2006-2008
Masters of Physician Assistant Studies
Board Certified: September 2008
University of South Carolina
Bachelor of Exercise Science 2002-2006
North Spring Family Medicine and Urgent Care
September 2013-Jan 2014 Colorado Springs, Colorado
Part time urgent care physician assistant
• 32 hour/week acute and family medicine clinical care.
Emergency Medical Specialists
August 2013-October 2013 Colorado Springs, Colorado
Part time ER physician assistant
• 50 hours/month emergency room assessment and treatment.
January 2013-August 2013 Peterson AFB, Colorado
Acute Care/Family Medicine Physician Assistant
• Daily acute care and management for an empanelment of 2500 patients.
October 2012- January 2013 Peterson AFB, Colorado
Flight Medicine Physician Assistant
• Daily acute and routine clinical care for pilots and their dependents.
Southeastern Spine Institute
July 2008- Present
Charleston, South Carolina
Clinical provider and surgical first assist for the adult spine patient with primary responsibilities including:
• Daily clinical care: This involves seeing and treating new patients, follow-ups, and surgical consultations in a busy, quick paced 30-50 patient morning clinic alongside surgeon. I run my own afternoon clinic seeing and treating most pre and post-operative patients, follow-ups and necessary emergent work-ins.
• Prescriptive authority: I have my own DEA number allowing me to treat my own patients and prescribe the necessary medications within my scope of practice.
• MRI/xray/CT scan interpretation: this entails ordering, interpreting, reviewing in the office or over the phone with patients
• Office medicine call or surgery calls: clinical based to answer all patient questions or concerns with adjusting treatment, medication, surgery, and/or MRI results
• In patient rounding with daily call for one surgeon and weekend call rotation for all 8 physicians and entire practice
• Pre-surgical and/or hospital history and physicals and discharge summaries on inpatients
• First assist and knowledge in MIS surgery including degenerative scoliosis multi-level fusion procedures (XLIF), lumbar and cervical fusion and/or Artificial Disc replacement, microdisectomy, interspinous distraction placement and plating, kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty
SERVICE MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Colorado State license: #3553 (inactive)
South Carolina State license: #1363 (active)
DEA licensure (active)
American Academy of Physician Assistants
South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants
South Carolina Spine Society
2 Time Captain of Division I University of South Carolina Women’s Soccer Team 2004-2006
4 year Division I Student-Athlete and letter winner in women’s soccer 2002-2006
USC Co-Scholar Female Athlete of the Year 2005-2006
USC Exercise Science Academic Student of the Year 2005-2006