B.S. – University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO
Aug. 2007 – May 2011
Major: Biology; Minor: Chemistry.
Research: Biology Department -Introducing Introns as a Functional Gene Part
– Analyzed and compared DNA strands using the National Center for BioTechnology Information website. Conducted literary research. Developed a grant proposal to submit to the UCM Honors College
M.M.S. – Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
Jan. 2013 – May 2015
Physician Assistant Studies
Thesis: Merkel Cell Carcinoma: A case study
– Case study following the diagnosis and treatment of a 71 year old male with Stage IIIb Merkel Cell Carcinoma with no primary tumor.
UMG Neurosurgery – Augusta, GA
Oct. 2015 – Present
- Work in conjunction with supervising neurosurgeon, Dr. Ellen Shaver, taking detailed medical histories, performing exams, interpreting lab results, making diagnoses, and discussing and implementing in- and out-patient treatments.
- Hospital duties include assisting in neurosurgical procedures, closing wounds, ordering and reviewing MRIs and CT scans, and making rounds.
Allergy and Asthma Consultants – Warrensburg, MO
May 2010 – May 2012
- Obtained history and vital signs. Administered immunotherapy shots, vaccines, allergy and pulmonary function tests. Provided patient education
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current DEA license
- Current GA & SC State licenses
- ACLS (2013-present)
- BLS (2013-present)
Leadership & Volunteer
- Fellow Member; American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Social Chair; Indiana State University Physician Assistants Class of 2015
- Medical Mission Trip; Mountain Top Ministries – Gramothe, Haiti (02/2015)
- Medical Team for Special Olympics Terre Haute (02/2013)