Meet with and counsel patients regarding past due bills and new patient billing questions. Work with collection agency to evaluate potential cases. Handle patient phone calls regarding bills. Assist with charge ticket reconciliation. Coordinate services required for attorneys.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with patients to discuss financial policy.
- Implement patient payment plans when necessary.
- Assist in coordinating claims rejection errors and in the correction process
- Post surgery charges.
- Establish payment plans with patients and serve as a financial counselor.
- Provide financial analysis for patients having surgery and work with attorneys on settling cases and receiving payments.
- Pre-cert special surgical procedures (eg. Charite’) when needed.
- Post payments and charges to accounts when needed.
- Bill attorneys for questionnaires, narratives, etc.
- Work with other areas of practice to ensure a smooth encounter for patients from start to finish.
- Evaluates accounts on monthly basis in order to turn to collection agency.
- Readies accounts for collection agency, close charts and identify charts.
- Provides an interface with agency personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience
- Previous experience in a specialists office