This position will assist new and existing patients in a professional, efficient, and polite manner. This is a vital position to our Practice as it’s the first impression that our callers get upon reaching out to us,
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Schedule appointment and review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
- Make calls to remind or reschedule appointments.
- Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understand when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience providing high-level of customer service